BIG JIM SELF STORAGE CORONAVIRUS UPDATES
Click here for more information on our new LIMITED CONTACT RENTALS!
Message to our Customers:
We are Open for Business:
On April 1st, 2020, Florida Governor Ron Desantis issued a 30-day stay-at-home executive order effective as of 12:01 am on April 3rd. This order states that “all persons in Florida shall limit their movements and personal interactions outside of their home to only those necessary to obtain or provide essential services or conduct essential activities.”
The Florida Self Storage Association (FSSA) reviewed this order and concluded that self-storage is an “essential service” and is allowed to remain open.
All of the Big Jim Self Storage facilities will, therefore, remain open to the public until further notice. Following, are the health and safety procedures we have put in place.
Safety Steps we Have Taken:
- Our storage facilities have been cleaned and have all been stocked with extra hand sanitizer and disinfectant.
- We have placed hand sanitizer and paper towels on all reception desks for the use of our customers.
- Employees have been instructed to follow all CDC guidelines on handwashing, sanitation, and social distancing.
- Employees will continue offering friendly greetings but will refrain from shaking hands or coming in close physical contact with our customers.
- We are actively encouraging our employees to follow all CDC guidelines, including staying at home when appropriate. We will modify our employee policies, as needed, to provide compensation to employees who need to be away from work.
- Deliveries received on behalf of customers will be placed by the carrier in a designated quarantine area for 24 hrs. They will thereafter be placed in the customer's unit.
Requests to our Customers:
- Please make reservations, payments, and other transactions online or by phone whenever possible.
- Use our Limited Contact Rentals to minimize person-to-person contact.
- Only one customer at a time is allowed in our offices.
- Please limit your interaction while in our offices to business-related matters only.
- While on our premises, please follow all CDC guidelines.
- Please call or message us with any questions you may have.
The health and safety of our customers and employees remain our top priority. Your assistance and cooperation during this challenging time are appreciated.
Big Jim Self Storage